Blaby Stokes Aims
To establish a very happy, secure, well ordered and stimulating environment for staff and children to work within;
- to promote respect for others and their property;
- to promote good working habits, and encourage an enquiring mind and self-discipline;
- to encourage children to take a pride in what they do;
- to offer the children a broad and stimulating curriculum so that each child will, to the best of their ability:
1. Learn to use language effectively and develop a love of books/literature.
2. Develop a knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and operations.
3. Learn to investigate the environment in a scientific way and take an interest in caring for the environment.
4. Acquire and develop a knowledge and understanding of geography, history and religion.
5. Be encouraged to enjoy and communicate through aesthetic and physical activities such as art, craft, drama, movement, music and physical education.
To give support and encouragement when difficulties arise;
- to recognise the role of parents as partners in the learning process;
- to encourage a positive relationship between home, school and the community;
-to promote the international dimension in the school;
that there be equal access and opportunity for all pupils
In addition, Blaby Stokes School wishes to promote equality of opportunity for all, and good relations between people of different racial groups. Racially offensive language or behaviour is unacceptable in our school where we aim to develop attitudes and ways of behaving that are appropriate to living in a society which wishes to eradicate racism.